The mission of Sugar Plum Bakery is to serve the needs of persons with disabilities through employment, education and training. Sugar Plum Bakery will promote the integration of persons with intellectual and physical disabilities into society by helping them become independent and evolve into working contributing members of our communities.
The organization strives to achieve this mission by:
• Operating a competitive retail bakery business
• Providing supportive and rehabilitation services and training for persons with intellectual and physical disabilities
• Seeking community based, competitive employment opportunities for persons with developmental disabilities
• Advocating supported competitive employment opportunities for people with disabilities so that they can become financially self supporting
• Increasing community awareness of the worth of persons with disabilities and the importance of integrating them into our lives through education and example.